Monday, August 6, 2007

This is 26



and it's not as bad as I expected :)

Yep today's my birthday. I had joked all last week that I was getting ready to turn 25 again. John brought me home a birthday cake and a sweet card and suddenly it didn't seem quite so bad!

I also had a fabulous pre-birthday weekend. Saturday I cropped with Amber, Amber, and Stacey. I had so much fun and cannot wait until the next one. Here is a photo Amber Ulmer's mom took of all the gals at our table, C/O Amber's blog:



Then on Sunday Dad took John and I to dinner for our birthdays and anniversary. John took this pic of me and my (not so) little brothers.



Where has the time gone?? I cannot believe that this time next year I'll be seeing Matthew (the older one) off to college.

All this talk of me getting older and my brothers growing up really has me thinking back to the reason we scrap. We scrap to remember days like this. My friend Tiffany gave me a birthday card with something to the effect of "in 10 years you'll never believe you were this young" written inside. Thanks to scrapping I hope that I will be able to remember, and just by flipping a few pages in my scrapbook I'll be able to recall exaclty how it felt to be 26. Exactly how it felt to be alive at this very moment.

9 comments:

staceyfike said...

happy happy birthday!!!

i had a great crop w/you!! can't wait to do it again!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Amber!!

Martha Bonneau said...

Happy Birthday...you are rockin' 26! I am so jealous of your crop this weekend, looks like you had a great time.

Amber Ulmer said...

Happy Bday my dear!! The crop was a blast and put it on your calender for sometime next month!!! xoxo

Allie said...

Happy day after birthday!! it looks like you've had a wonderful time - well deserved.

Octopusouphut said...

August is the best month to have a birthday (mine's the 24!) 'cause it's just far enough away from the holidays. Looks like you had a lot of fun. Too bad none of my friends scrap. Where'd you go to eat? I'll be going to the Cheese Cake Factory for desert with some friends. Take care!

*reyanna* said...

I totally just realized that I'm exactly seven days older than you! Crazy!!! You seem so much cooler... and more mature. :D Hope you had a great one! I can't WAIT to see more pics with that camera! :)

Amanda said...

Glad you had a great birthday. How funny...I didn't realize you had 2 brothers! LOL!

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday sweetie!! Sorry i missed it, due to my MIA'ness! :( Well, i will try to be better about blogging and checking in.

P.S. I am 4 years older than you!!! You are still young girl!! hee hee. Wait til you hit 30 like me- it's all downhill, literally... :) HAHA!