Thursday, August 2, 2007

Announcement!

Hang on folks, this is going to be a long one!!

I know some of you have been anxiously awaiting this news!

I would like to introduce you to my new baby - the Nikon D40x.



Isn't she cute?!? John gave her to me for my birthday/our anniversary.

As I mentioned yesterday, John and I are back from San Diego. We had a wonderful trip! The city is just beautiful and the weather could not have been better. Sunny and warm, but not humid. Perfect!

We arrived on Saturday and after a quick stop at Tiffany and Sarah's house, we headed to the beach - which is only a few blocks from their house!!! HEAVEN!! After we soaked up some rays and took a quick dip on the ocean (brrr!!), we headed to Carlsbad to meet up with one of my Pugvillage friends Kendie and her husband Karl. They were every bit as nice in person as they are online. I am so glad we had the chance to meet up. Here's a pic:



Then on Sunday Tiffany took us over to Balboa park so we could play around with my new camera. That park has to be one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. Between the architecture and the plant life, there are endless photo opps! Here is a small sample of some of the pictures we took:

















Since Sunday was our one year anniversary we got a hotel room for the night and when we reached the front desk we were greeted by this sign. I almost fell out on the floor laughing (BTW that's John's first name).



Monday we got up early and headed back to Balboa park, but to the zoo this time. What a fantastic Zoo!! We saw Polar bears playing, Panda Bears doing back flips, Tigers eating lunch, and much much more. Here are a few of the photos we took of all the great animals:








Then Monday night Tiffany took us over to Ocean Beach to watch the sunset and have dinner. We took a few pics of our last night in San Diego:







Thank you so much Tiffany for being our tour guide and letting us stay with you. We had a wonderful time and I can't wait to see you again in September!!!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I rocked out listening to "Eye of the Tiger" while cruising your pics! I am glad you had such a great vacation...you totally deserved it! Your pics rock! Don't you just love your camera...I start classes for mine on the 12th! Woo Hoo! Oh and totally laughed out loud when I read the guest of the day! How lucky are you...did you guys get anything free? Oh and glad he goes by John...if he went by his first name he would have to be Mr. Amber...HA!

Amber Ulmer said...

how awesome! What great pics... so glad you love ur new baby!!! Happy Anniversary btw!! See u tomorrow!!! xoxo

*reyanna* said...

LOVED reading this blog. Your pics are amazing! You are doing wonders with your new baby! ;) Thanks so much for sharing it all. Happy Anniversary!

Martha Bonneau said...

Yay....I know you are *loving* your new toy...your pics are incredible!! Have fun scrapping tomorrow :)