Friday, August 17, 2007

Look what I found!!!!

Since the scrapathalon for the week isn't over until Sunday, I'm going to bore you with my latest shopping find. I went to my local Thrift Smart this week at lunch and look at the treasure I found!!





It's an early 1950s Royal Quiet Deluxe portable Typewriter. And it even came with the owner's manual!



Yes it's a little dirty and a little rusty, but for $5.99 I had to have it. It reminds me so much of the typewriter at my great grandmothers that I used to play with when I was a little girl. Love it!!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

How awesome! Great find...but what are you going to do with it? Oh and as I clicked on your blog cake was playing....love that song!!!

Lynette said...

Girl! You gotta scrap the pictures of it and scrap them with journaling about your grandmother!

Amber Ulmer said...

oh wow!!! so envious! I've gotta pick me up one of those! I love the look of typerwriting on layouts!! xoxo have a great weekend love!

Lisa said...

ohhh you lucky duck!! what a steal!! i SO want one! i think i will be stalking my local thrift stores more often....

aimee said...

Very cool!!

Martha Bonneau said...

What a fabulous find...and only $5.99, that's incredible!