Friday, June 1, 2007

What a week!













This has been one heck of a busy week! I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to take care of everything that needed to be done before I leave for vacation tomorrow (yay for vacation!) and working like crazy at work to finish things that needed tending to before I left. The last thing I had time for was a pug rescue, but that's exactly what happened!

The sweet little pair you see pictured ended up needing help getting out of a bad situation and really, who could say no to a face like that?!? I picked them up from the drop-off location last night around 6:30 and they were in such miserable condition that John and I didn't finish until almost midnight. They were filthy, but dirt was the least of their problems. They were covered, and I mean covered in ticks. I know we picked off over 300 ticks between the two of them. The sweet little black on had the most due to an almost in-grown collar. When we removed the collar there was literally a ring of ticks underneath where it had been. I know they must have been just miserable.

Thankfully they are resting comfortably at their foster home tonight. I want to give a big huge thanks to my good friend Marci and Music City Pug Rescue - if you're not familiar with them please check them out and consider making a donation.

I am off for a week of beachy relaxation!! I'll be back Friday!!

2 comments:

Shaunna :) said...

You are a rockstar and a savior for doing what you did for those sweeties! I hope they will be able to find great homes where people will value them for their worth! I hate when animals are treated like that - how can you possibly be so cruel to a creature that would only give you its utmost in love and undying loyalty? I can't imagine ever letting Alex go to that state (although sometimes I threateningly joke about it :p )

I would take one, or both, if Travis would let me... and I could drive down there to get them!!! My day will come... I am getting antsy about another dog...

Keep up your mission girl! :) It's nice to see people out there caring about more than just themselves!

Octopusouphut said...

That is so awesome that you help resuce those pugs! I don't think I could stomach what you do. I wouldn't be able to get past the fact that someone did that do the poor thing. I have a hard enough time going to Myer and seeing the little Guinea Pig sitting in the cage w/o anything to do or anything to hide in.

The little black guy is such a cutie! (You know, if you didn't know what I was talking about...that would sound very odd!)

You rock saving all those puggys!