Monday, June 18, 2007

Reflecting


I'm in a "Burn it" music sharing group with some of my pug village friends and this session's theme is "Soundtrack to Your Life." I won't spoil the fun by posting my playlist just yet, but I have been doing a lot of reflecting on my past. I had a rough start in life. Not as rough as some, but let's just say it hasn't been an easy journey. I listened to my playlist on the way home from work today and as I was flooded with memories of my past I realized that even though many of the songs on the list conjure up sad memories, that as the songs continue they take on a much happier note. I am proud to say that although my childhood and adolescence were not something I would want to relive, things started to look up when I went away to college and have just been getting better ever since. I'm no fool, I know there will be rough times again at some point in my life, but I also know that as a result of my past I am strong and I can make it through.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow Amber...that is great! I am glad things are looking up for you! Will you post your list when you are done? I would love to see your list! Also, that photo is stunning!

Unknown said...

Amber, thanks for posting this. I can't wait to see your playlist...I hope things are well now. Love yah, Kristin