Saturday, February 3, 2007

The Impossible Dream

I have this irrational hope that one day I will find the perfect running shoe. The one that will be supportive, yet cushiony; make me feel fast, yet never give me a blister. I realize I don't have an easy foot to fit. I was cursed with flat feet the size of boats, however, I don't think that should damn me to running shoe hell - where all I can find are shoes that are hard as bricks or some God awful shade of orange. And please, shoe salesmen everywhere take note - suggesting I try a men's shoe is an insult.

After a long tiring day of shoe shopping I have narrowed the field down to two contenders:

The new model of my old shoe, the Nike Air Structure Triax X

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpageWRS-NST910W.html?from=nextag

and a Mizuno Wave Renegade

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/6142712.html

I'm going to give myself a week to think about it. I'm really disappointed that the new version of my old Nike's has a lot less cushion than what I'm used to. I liked the Mizuno, but I'm afraid it's too narrow in the heel. You know these decisions would be much easier if these were $20 shoes rather than $100 shoes!

1 comment:

Allie said...

Have you tried New Balance running shoes? I have a pair, and they beat the heck out of the cushioning in the Nike's. Plus they are mesh around the foot, allowing more air in there (less blistering!).