Monday, February 12, 2007

Long Runs and Scrapbooking?!?!

John, my Dad, and I did our longest run yet on Saturday. It was chilly, but the skies were blue and sunny. I'm not sure of our exact mileage, but from looking at the course map it looks like it was somewhere between 8 and 10 miles. It have to say it was the most pleasant run of that distance I have ever had. I think I owe a lot of that to my new shoes and insoles. I went with the Mizunos, but with a higher stability since my knee has been giving me some more trouble. Here's a link if you are interested:

I also bought some Super Feet insoles. I really can't tell if it's the insoles, the shoes, or a combination of the two, but I truly feel that this is as close to wonderful as my feet have ever felt during a run.


While on my run I had a big decision to make. I recently began co-hosting a scrapbooking critique group, and Friday was the deadline to enter our first challenge. The challenge was an exercise in simplicity - you were only allowed to use one sheet of card stock and one sheet of patterned paper (unlimited embellishments). I went over each layout in my head while on the run and my thoughts kept returning to this LO by Lynette. Isn't it lovely??



No comments: