Monday, January 14, 2008

Overlooked Week 1




Today's overlooked assignment is to jot down the story of the mug we took a photo of last week. Here's the story of my cup!

Looks like a coffee mug doesn't it? Well it's not. It's my water mug! I always shock people when I'm walking out of the break room with my cup filled to the brim. They always assume that my giant mug and I have cleaned out the coffee pot. I gave up drinking caffeine on a regular basis years ago. I'll still have the occasional diet coke or Starbucks, but it's just a health decision that I made and have stuck with. Plus, now when I actually need caffeine to stay awake it works!

I painted the mug myself at one of those paint-your-own-pottery places. The neutrals of the cup remind me instantly of where I was in my life when I painted it. John and I were building our house and I was in interior-design mode. The neutral dots and the geometric pattern reflect the types of choices I made for our home - the floors, walls, rugs, and furniture. It's funny how something as random as a cup take me back so quickly to a time years ago.

Thanks Ashley for encouraging us to take a look at the simple things in life that also hold important memories.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey stranger! can't wait to see you and hang out this weekend. Bringing a friend, Mary Alice with me on Saturday, it will be good times!!! :)

Chasity Grace said...

cute mug amber. i'm totally going to copy you and journal about mine on my blog too!

TheresaK said...

What a nice blog entry! I love the mug and the story that goes along with it!!