Friday, January 11, 2008

Boooo!!!

Boooo on Comcast internet service!! I've been having a terrible time getting online at home lately. That is sooo irritating! I missed my Want me Wednesday blog and I'm hopelessly behind on reading the blogs of others. Arrrg!

So what have I been up to while my internet has been down.....I'm still in training. I'm finally getting used to running at lunch again. It can be a huge pain at first, but now that I'm back in the swing of it I find it to be an enjoyable break from sitting at my desk.

I've got lots of scrappy projects going on. I participated in the first "Overlooked" challenge. Hoping to keep up with those! Here's the photo for subject one:



It's my "coffee" mug. I say "coffee" b/c I only drink water out of it. I made it at one of those paint-your-own-pottery places. I love going to those, they are so relaxing. It's hard to tell in the picture but it's huge! Probably twice the size of a normal mug. It's great for minimizing trips to the break room.

In addition to that, I've got the Alphabet ATCs over at SBW (we still need more players BTW *wink*) and the Women ATCs at SIStv. I'm really excited about those. I know what I'm going to do I just still need to sit down and do it. Should be lots of fun since that's a topic I'm really passionate about. I've also got an "All About Me" ATC swap with a great group of girls I've been chatting with for over a year now. I've finished 2 of my 3 LOs for the SBW DT for January. Once I get the third done I'll post them. I don't know why but I've been having a hard time with the scrapping mojo lately. Maybe because I've got so many other things going on right now. I don't know, but I hope it comes back soon!

Today's my oldest little brother's birthday. I can't believe he's 18! I remember when he was born. And how disappointed I was that he was a boy, LOL! Oh well, I guess he's turned out alright. Happy birthday Matt!



Tonight we're going to the Outback to celebrate so that will be nice. Then tomorrow I'm doing a transport for SEPRA. It's a pug coming back into rescue. That just breaks my heart, but I am grateful at least that the pug is coming back and not going into a shelter or something worse.

Speaking of GRATEFUL - I'm sure all of you know about Ali Edwards' "one little word" for the year campaign. I'm choosing grateful. I find myself all too often saying I *want* this or I *need* that when really I need to focus more on all the blessings in my life and being grateful for them. Lynette choose this word in our CG circle journal back in the fall and I've been thinking about it ever since. Thanks Lynette!

I think that pretty much sums it up. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow! You do have tons going on! Great job getting back on the training track. I have been a 5am gymer this week! BLECH! I have been so tired when I get home from work, but my work day is very energetic! Happy birthday to your brother....just remember to skip those yummo looking fries at outback...hehe! Hope to see you soon and to get about a 3rd of the scrapping completed that you do! Hugs!

Octopusouphut said...

Sounds like you've been and will be busy! Me too. I started back to school on the 2nd. Anyway, good luck with all those projects!

Lynette said...

oh yay! A shout out to me in your blog! You are one busy lady - let's get that mojo back, though!