Sunday, April 27, 2008

We did it (again)!

Another running of the Country Music Marathon came and went yesterday. John and Dad ran the full and John's friend Ira and I ran the half. John and Dad did awesome, completing the race just over their 5 hour goal. I had estimated that I would finish the half between 2 hrs and 2.5 hrs and I would have totally made that if not for a few minor issues I had on the way to the finish line, LOL. I have to say long distance running is one of the greatest teachers. I learn something new every time I run. This year I learned several things...

#1 - Eat breakfast. 13.1 may not be 26.2 but it's nothing to sneeze at.
#2 - Don't take Midol before a race. Ever.
#3 - If you don't eat breakfast and you do take Midol, you will thrown up.
#4 - If race officials see you throwing up they will try and convince you to stop running.
#5 - Just because you don't get blisters all over your feet from running 13.1 miles many, many times in training it doesn't mean that you won't get them come race day (what is with that?? )

Anyway, all in all it was a really fun day. I finished the race in 2 hrs and 41 minutes and I'm confident it would have been more like 2 hrs and 15 minutes if not for lesson #4. Here's a photo we took before the race. Dad's camera has the post race pics and I'll share them when he sends them over. Ohhh and on another exciting note, I FINALLY learned how to load actions into Photoshop 7!! So this photo has a Lomo action on it - whoo-hooo!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you did the race! I hope I can do it next year!

Wish I knew how to load actions. Why are they so freakin expensive? hehe!

Anonymous said...

congrats! so proud of you!

*reyanna* said...

Oh, Amber!!! Congrats on finishing the race! But no breakfast?!?! And throwing up?! That's horrible! Silly girl. :p That's awful you got sick, but I'm proud of you for finishing. You're awesome! :)