Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday, Monday!

It's Monday again, joy! And I have a plethora of things to share :) I signed up for the Scrap Ect event months ago and have been (not so) patiently waiting for it to happen. It starts Thursday so I am super stoked about that. However, I am even more stoked because my good friend Allie is coming to stay with me and we are attending the event together. Allie is so much fun and I know we are going to have a blast.

Last week I wrote about joining bloglines and when searching for pug themed blogs I ran upon the Urban Pug. It's a great little blog featuring precious pugs and good information. Today's post was especially pertinent for anyone planning to get a pug or for that matter any dog. I am enjoying it immensely thus far!

Another new edition to my bloglines role is the blog of a new friend I met on SIStv, Stephanie. I am loving the fact that she updates her blog multiple times per day and always has something to say that makes me laugh. Stephanie if you're reading this I hope your foot is feeling better and that it doesn't impede your blogging!

And as long as we are talking about blogs, I visited my friend Amber's blog today and she had a link to a fun little quiz to reveal your true color. We are both Green!

Take this test!
You're green, the color of growth and vigor. Good-hearted and giving, you have a knack for finding and bringing out the best in people. Green is the most down-to-earth color in the spectrum — reliable and trustworthy. People know they can count on you to be around in times of need, since your concern for people is genuine and sincere. You take pride in being a good friend. For you, success is measured in terms of personal achievement and growth, not by status or position. Rare as emeralds, greens are wonderful, natural people. It truly is your color!



That made me laugh b/c I already knew that Amber and I have a lot in common. Aside from sharing the same name, we work in the same industry (marketing) and our husbands are both employed by Healthcare Software firms. We are also both into scrapbooking and planned our weddings around the same time - that's how we met, through the TN board on the knot! Very cool!

And finally I'll leave you with a new picture of me! We had to take a "self portrait" for the class Heidi Swapp is teaching at Scrap Ect. I'm one of those people who generally dislike photos of themselves especially close ups taken by myself so this was really a hard assignment! After a ton of pictures and a little photoshop, here's what I'm going with:



Have a great week...be back on Wednesday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR PICTURE! It looks awesome!!!!!!

P.S. My foot feels much better with the new boot! :)

Lynette said...

Amber - you are beautiful - both inside and out!

Nan and B.A.G.S. the pug said...

Have FUN at Scrap etc!