Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Want Me Wednesday 2/27

I think I'm going down in the bloggin' Hall-of-Shame for posting so little lately!! I have just been on my toes with Sneakers for Snorts and 1/2 marathon training. Add to that we joined the Y this week and I've started taking an Abs/Glutes class on Tuesday and Thursday night. I feel like I'm always moving!! At least I am able to make it here for the weekly homeless puggy bulletins. So without further ado here's our featured pug Spike:



Isn't he just adorable?? He is currently with Southern Nevada Pug Rescue. Here is what they have to say about this sweetheart:

Spike came to SNPR after a phone call from Lied saying they had a pug they were going to euthanize and offered us the chance to help him. He is now safe and being boarded at our Vet. He is a smaller pug, and has some kind of upper respiratory problem. Also, his teeth are NASTY – he has so much tartar on his teeth that you can barely see his teeth anymore. He will be boarded until our Vet gives us the okay. After his respiratory problem clears up, we will treat this little guy to a much needed dental. More updates on his progress will follow. If you would like to donate a night of boarding ($16) or for part of his dental, SNPR and Spike would be grateful.

Every pug that we save from Lied costs us on average $600.00 dollars. That amount is IF they come out healthy. In Spike's case, he was given to rescue because Lied was going to put him down due to a respiratory problem. With the boarding, respiratory treatments, dental, etc., Spike could likely cost SNPR well over 8 hundred dollars. We have asked a lot of you this past few months with special need pugs and because of your generosity we have continued to take in these types of cases. We hope to never be in the position of turning away a pug due to expected medical needs. With your help we won't ever have to do that!


I am so thankful for rescues like Southern Nevada Pug Rescue for taking in these precious puggies. If you live in the Las Vegas area (Amber H - do your parents need a dog??) and think you are the forever home that Spike has been waiting for please fill out an aplication today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww Spike! Thanks so much Amber for putting him up on your blog-he is a sweetie!

Good luck on your event! Oh and my check went out today. :)

Anonymous said...

aww such a sweetie! my parents just got a rescue pup a few months ago so they are okay for now. I'll keep my ear out for anyone I know! :)see you friday!