Monday, June 23, 2008

North Carolina Pics!

I didn't make it back to the blog yesterday to post some of our North Carolina Pics so I made it a priority to get to it tonight! I'm in the middle of editing some post-bridals I did for my friend Amber yesterday so I didn't take a lot of time to edit these which means you'll just have to deal with the random people in the shots and my frizzy hair, LOL!

We drove down on Friday night after work so that we would have all day on Saturday to explore the Bitlmore. That place was truly amazing! It is just mind blowing to think how far ahead of the time it was when it was built. My favorite part was for sure the indoor swimming pool. How cool to have underwater electric lights when most of the country didn't even have electricity yet! Here are a few pics before we went inside(they don't allow photos in the house)









We made it inside just in time! As soon as we got in the house it started pouring down rain. While we weren't able to take pics of the inside, we snuck a few pics out on the back porch:







After the house tour we drove over to the winery to try and wait out the rain so we could visit the gardens. I have tried and tried to like wine, and I am happy to report I finally found a wine that I like during our wine tasting - Chenin Blanc. No suprise that it was a dessert wine. I think I'm just naturally inclined to like anything sweet!
















Thankfully after we finished the winery tour and tasting the rain had stopped and we were able to walk around the gardens, but those pics are going to have to wait until tomorrow!! I've gotta get to bed!

7 comments:

Isabelle said...

Beautiful pictures Amber! Looks like you had a great time visiting Biltmore. I'm like you when it comes to wine. Not a big fan except for ice wine (a dessert wine).

Amanda said...

Gorgeous photos! You are so good at taking them! I will totally barter art lessons for that photo stuff...lol! We want to go and visit the Biltmore...just haven't gotten around to it yet...but I am hoping to sometime this summer!

Bashful said...

Love the photos! The Biltmore looks like an amazing place - I'll have to add it to my list of places to see someday. I'm not much of a wine drinker, either, but perhaps I'll have to give the one you like a try. :-)

staceyfike said...

pretty cool pics!! i missed you last weekend :)

Chasity Grace said...

love the pictures. the biltmore is so pretty. i need to go there soon!

Gems said...

Gorgeous photos :o) xx

*reyanna* said...

How amazing! It looks like you went to Europe! Just beautiful photos! :) Glad you could mix business with pleasure!