Saturday, June 21, 2008

Finally Home!

I've been "out of the office" for most of the week. I traveled to Asheville, NC for the ART Forum - a conference on Advanced Research Techniques for Marketers. The conference was really interesting and totally fed into my nerdy love of analysis. There were some less-than-friendly equations, but on the whole it was a good experience. I especially enjoyed it because John was able to join me. We traveled up a day early to tour the Biltmore and John kept himself entertained while I attended classes by golfing. It's always nice when you can turn work travel into a mini-vacation. I've got lots of pics from the week, but have just unloaded them from the camera tonight. I'll try to sort through them and hopefully have some to post tomorrow.

For now I wanted to share my major SCORE from the thrift store today!! I went ribbon shopping with Chasity and Lynette this morning and we got side tracked and ended up on a 6 hour thrifting excursion. We had a blast and I was so tickled to find this:



It's a Polaroid camera circa 1966! I admittedly paid too much for it as most Polaroids are only worth between $2 and $10 and I paid $12.99, but I believe my utility for old cool things such as this well exceeds $12.99 (said in my best economist voice!). I think it is going to look quite lovely sitting next to the old typewriter that I bought around this time last year and the same thrift store, LOL!

I'm off to bed as I have a trash the dress session in the morning with my friend Amber, but hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with some North Carolina pics!

4 comments:

Chasity Grace said...

i had a blast today girlie. and that camera was super cool and well worth the price. if only i has seen the vinatage bowling ball bag before you did. im still bummed about that one. oh well the search continues...more thrifting in our future.

Bashful said...

I so have to find some cool thrift shops! That camera is so cool! If I ever make it down your way, will you take me thrifting? It looks like you have quite a talent for finding old treasures!

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

Excellent find on the camera!!

Amanda said...

Wow! Really cool camera! It is totally worth 12.99. Maybe we could plan another trip sometime when I can come and visit! Can't wait to see your awesome pics of NC...esp. the Biltmore!