Sunday, June 29, 2008

North Carolina - Part 2!

Whew! It's been almost a week since I last posted; things have just been crazy around here, but crazy GOOD! John and I have been busy taking lots of pictures as Lotus Blossom Photography is starting to really take off. And I have been even busier editing all the photos we've taken. I'm just about to wrap up the editing of a post-bridal I did last Sunday and then I'll be starting on an incredibly fun engagement session we did yesterday. But right now I'm taking a break and finishing my North Carolina blog post :)

After the winery we drove over to the Biltmore Gardens. The first plant we saw was a Castor Bean Plant and that had us in stitches! John and I have a running joke that we are going to kill each other with castor beans after we saw a show on TV where a wife tried to kill her husband with them. Apparently they are a really difficult poison to detect, LOL. Anyway, here's a picture of the plant. If you notice these growing in your garden, call the police!!



There were so many beautiful flowers, here are some pics of the gardens and the grounds:











After we finished with the garden we headed to our hotel. Since we were there for a conference for my job, we stayed at the resort where the conference was being held, The Grove Park Inn. It is a historic hotel with an incredible view of the mountains. The room we stayed in sucked, but I can't complain since work was footing the bill. Here are some pics we snapped around the hotel one night.








The rest of the week was spent with John exploring the area's golf courses and me sitting through a series of paper presentations. It's amazing how tired sitting and listening can make you, LOL!

That concludes our North Carolina edventure! I'll be back Wednesday for "Want Me Wednesday" that I have been neglecting and a suprise later in the week :)

3 comments:

Bashful said...

Amber, your photos are STUNNING! Wow! Can you teach me how to take flower pictures like that? And you've totally made me want to visit North Carolina! Beautiful!

*reyanna* said...

It is SO beautiful there! Ohmigosh! Now I totally want to go there! LOL. These pictures are amazing too. Well done! :)

Amanda said...

GORGEOUS>>>GORGEOUS>>>GORGEOUS photos! Wow...you are so amazing! It looks like an amazing trip to! Glad you had such a great time even when you were at a conference!