Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Want Me Wednesday



I know, I know. I've already featured a pug from Southeast Pug Rescue, but I was browsing their adoption list the other day and this guy just captured my heart. Would you just look at that face?!?!? If that is not the face of unconditional love then I don't know what is. And my TN friends - he's being fostered here!! Isn't that just great?? Here's what the people at SEPRA have to say about this sweetheart:

Hi, everyone… my name is Boggie! I am a 10 year old boy. The people who surrendered me on 7/4/07 only had me for 2 months. They got me from someone who is a backyard breeder & used me for years to make pug puppies. When I wasn't breeding anymore, they just gave me away. :( So, I haven't ever really known what it's like to just be a member of the family until I came into foster care. Now that I am in foster care, I jump on my foster mom's lap every single time she sits down & I love to go for little walks. She doesn't even leash me! I just trot along behind her. She stops a lot to give me pets so I want to be sure I'm close by when she does!

The other day, she took me to the vet & I had horrible ear mites! The doctor must have used 20 q-tips cleaning out all the black gunk from my ears! I'm on ear mite medicine now for that & it's almost gone. I can't remember ever having my ears cleaned before that day! My ears were so itchy that when they used the medicine, I kicked my leg like they were scratching my tickle spot! I know that I am an elderly gentleman, but I'm not going to give up hope that there is someone out there who will be able to love me in my golden years. I have had a rotten life. Can't you show me what it's like to be loved? Oh, my foster mom wants to talk now….

NOTE FROM FOSTER MOM – Boggie came into foster care VERY overweight. He is now on weight management food & being more active so he is getting down to a reasonable weight at a good pace. Because of that, & probably because of being left out in the heat for most of his life, he has a hard time breathing. (Probably a soft palate issue). My vet doesn't think that Boggie could withstand being under anesthesia to be neutered. So, he is intact. This is VERY unusual for SEPRA to be adopting out a pug who is not neutered & so we will take extra care to be sure that all other animals in the adoptive home are fixed. Boggie has been used for his whole life to just make more pugs that need homes & we won't stand for the possibility that he'd be used again. He must go to a special family who will just love him forever.


If Boggie is just the puggy you've been waiting for, please fill out an application today.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

This is SOOOO sad!