Sunday, April 29, 2007

We did it!!!



We did it!!! The three of us didn't manage to finish together again this year. I was the weak link in our trio, but I was just happy to be there and finish considering all the trouble I'd had with my health the two weeks before - and for anyone who read last week's blog entry, I do have PCOS but I'm dealing with it.

Dad finished in an amazing 5:19:47, while John and I brought up the rear at 5:47:25. I was very pleased with that considering it's an improvement of almost 45 minutes over our time last year (John had a cramp last year). John could have actually finished far ahead of me this year but he was very sweet and stayed with me through my pain. I have to say, I think that from here on out I will be a 1/2 marathon girl. I just don't think my feet can do another 26.2! I have more blisters than I can count. Ouch!

So today I'm tired, sore, sun-burned, and blistered but I feel very proud that we were able to do it again!

No comments: