Sunday, October 7, 2007

China - Day 2 (Part 1)

Our first full day in China!! I started the day with a yummy breakfast of pumpkin steam buns, custard pie, sesame balls and a good old American favorite - COKE!



Then we walked over to a section of Shanghai known as Old Town. It was amazing and this was for sure my favorite part of Shanghai. It was pretty touristy though. At one point Carissa and I looked at each other and asked if we were in Disneyworld or China.





Our first stop in Old Town was the Hu xing ting Tea House. It was beautiful and the tea was incredible.

In front of the tea house:


During the tea ceremony:












After our tea ceremony was over we headed to Yu Garden, which was located behind the Tea House. I will spare you all of the photos I took, but here are a few so that you get an idea of how amazing it was in there.










Oh my goodness! It's almost 2am! This jet lag is killing me. I'm going to try and get some more sleep and I'll post the rest of Day 2 tomorrow....errrr....later today.

6 comments:

Allie said...

great pictures Amber!!

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

Great photos. I particularly like the one of the patina grate on the wall. Lovely!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your great pics of the trip! Just beautiful! Plus, I like the CAKE song on your blog.

Anonymous said...

those tea ceremony photos are gorgeous!

Chasity Grace said...

your pictures are amazing. i am loving the info on ur trip. oh and that coke can is neat.

Amanda said...

Oh my! Amber these pics are AMAZING! Now I wanna go sooner!